What is DELE?
The letters D-E-L-E stand for Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language, an official title recognized all over the world that officially validates your level of proficiency in the Spanish language. It is awarded by the Cervantes Institute and is the only title acknowledged by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Culture in Spain. The DELE Diplomas are offered at the six levels (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2) according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Why take the DELE?
Today, Spanish is the third most spoken language in the world, so its importance is worldwide and increasing. To obtain this diploma it is an opportunity to support your Spanish studies with an official title accredited to ensure your linguistic competencies in the Spanish language. The DELE Diplomas are of great prestige in both private and public education institutions, chambers of commerce and within the business sector.
To achieve the only official certificate that certifies your knowledge and level of Spanish can have many benefits:
- DELE Diplomas are valid indefinitely.
- To gain Spanish citizenship on the basis of residency, citizens of countries where Spanish isn’t an official language or those of Sephardic origin need to achieve an A2 or above.
- The DELE makes it easier to obtain study visas for Spain, as they accredit language competence.
- Make a skill or interest into a formal qualification to present when looking for jobs or when looking to study.
- Many employers and higher education centers require a DELE certificate when applying for positions or courses.
- To really push yourself to make a leap with your Spanish skills in a challenging environment.
If you’re looking for help to prepare for your DELE exam, contact us and you can have a commitment-free consultation with our DELE teachers.